Hiring a competitor’s employee can make a lot of sense from a business perspective, yet it involves significant legal risks.
In this webinar, Jeff Glass, SmithAmundsen LLC, will identify the risks and issues that Illinois employers face, and provide up to date, common sense advice for limiting the risk and protecting your company.
Specific topics include:
- How to determine whether a potential hire’s restrictive covenant is enforceable, including an explanation of recent Illinois statutory amendments that establish new rules for the enforceability of restrictive covenants.
- How to place appropriate “guardrails” in place so that an employee can be hired even if he or she has enforceable restrictive covenants.
- Evaluating whether the potential hire possesses trade secret information, and steps the employer can take to minimize the risk that such information is improperly used or disclosed.
- Legal issues presented if the employer is considering having the new hire help recruit his or her former colleagues at the competitor.
- Steps the employer can take to minimize the risk that its competitors will seek to hire its employees.
- And More!