Chicago’s Fair Workweek Ordinance became effective on July 1, 2020 but, amid the many distractions facing businesses these days, many employers are still trying to separate the facts from the fiction of the Ordinance’s actual coverage and requirements and how to meet them. There is plenty of misinformation on the internet.
Please join Labor & Employment Attorneys, Jeff Risch and Peter Hansen of SmithAmundsen, as they address employers’ most frequently asked questions, including:
1. What employers are actually covered under the Ordinance ?
2. What employees are covered by the Ordinance?
3. Can an employee decline to work unscheduled hours?
4. What are the monetary ramifications and penalties if an employer can’t or won’t comply?
5. What happens if a shift needs to be cut or diminished due to an emergency?
6. And More!