Do you know what kind of resources organized labor, trial attorneys, environmental extremists and others have devoted to pass laws and regulation that are hurting your business? They are in Springfield and Washington D.C. every day pushing their agendas.
That’s why you need the Illinois Chamber to be your #1 ally. The Chamber fights on your business’ behalf and works to make our state more business friendly. Illinois has unmatched in-house expertise in the staff at the Illinois Chamber. Policymakers consider the Chamber to be the go-to resource on all business issues, including:
The Chamber has stopped major tax increases. Paved the way for public-private partnerships. Forged a streamlined permitting processes. Our staff has the sophistication to not only engage in the legislative process, but also the rulemaking process. Further, we remain committed to educate policymakers about issues before decisions are made.
“Every business—large and small—should be a member of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce.” – Mary Crego, State Farm
“The Illinois Chamber of Commerce is a trusted ally at the State Capitol.” – Tom Walters, Caterpillar (Illinois Chamber member)
- Support a pro-growth tax code
- Win workers’ compensation reform measures
- Ensure passage of Chamber initiative to give transportation funding constitutional protection
- Encourage investment in our vital transportation infrastructure
- Restore fairness to our courts
- Advocate for new global trade agreements
- Promote affordable, accessible, efficient and high-quality healthcare systems
- Promote greater local government efficiencies and consolidations
- Expand investment in new technology sectors
- Promote importance of defense assets
- Won passage of permit streamlining bill to ease the process for new and growing companies
- Not a single bill that the Illinois Chamber opposed will become law
- Won amendatory veto of over-reaching and costly additions to data breach notification law
- Helped drive unemployment insurance reform that is now Illinois law
- Increased awareness of Illinois’ expensive workers’ compensation system and proposed a better law
- Defeated minimum wage increase bills
- Encouraged international trade plans that passed Congress: TPA, TPP, and Export-Import Bank
- Supported TIPP as another international trade proposal before Congress:
- Introduced legislation to put Illinois transportation funds in a lockbox.
- Led successful effort to kill a millionaire’s and graduated tax constitutional amendment.
- Won four national awards for digital advocacy campaigns on behalf of pro-business candidates.
- Fully supported Bruce Rauner for governor and endorsed Darin LaHood for Congress.
- Held 1st annual Exports Conference
- Promoted opportunities for Illinois goods and services in Cuba and Mexico.
Join the Illinois Chamber of Commerce
A membership in the state’s largest business advocacy organization is an incredible way to unify the voice of Illinois business leaders so we can have a powerful impact in moving our state in a positive direction. By joining the Chamber, you lend your support to advocacy efforts that benefit our overall economy, while staying informed on pertinent issues that can affect your bottom line.
We offer several membership levels to fit the needs and budget of any business. Joining, at any level, is easy and provides an incredible return on investment.