By the time 2014 arrives, many employers will be ready to rest on their laurels after three years of compliance ramp up. But the biggest changes are yet to come. The core of the Affordable Care Act takes shape in 2014. Employers who do not start planning now could get left behind (and with a massive tax liability). In this session, you will learn:
• An overview of the 2014 overhaul of the US health care system,
• What are the exchanges and who is eligible,
• What is the employer mandate and which employers are subject to the mandate,
• An explanation of the terminology associate with the mandate (free-rider penalty,
shared responsibility penalty, full-time employee, full-time equivalent, seasonal
employee, etc.), and
• Bargaining issues related to the 2014 changes.
• Strategies for minimizing/avoiding liability under the employer mandate.