This webinar will discuss some of the most common wage issues that businesses face each and every year. Including in this webinar is a discussion of how to handle certain situations that arise, specifically, when the IDOL knocks on the door, the proper deductions allowed from pay checks, wage assignments, uniform deductions, and other crucial areas that businesses are still misapplying. This webinar will start from the beginning and walk through the entire process of specific situation, which will provide businesses confidence in handling the situation if it arises.
Topics to be discussed:
• Equal Pay, how to handle a complaint about a colleague having a higher salary;
• The numerous pitfalls for what is considered working time;
• Review of the proper deductions from an Employee’s paycheck, including wage assignments, wage garnishments, tools, uniforms, etc.;
• Travel time and what needs to be paid to the Employee;
• How to handle an Illinois Department of Labor investigation, from start to finish;
• And other popular problem areas for businesses.