Update on UI Regulations plus Assessing and Responding to Unemployment Claims – taught by experts from Smith Amundsen’s Labor and Employment Group, Illinois Department of Employment Security, and Shattuck & Associates Consulting, Inc.
This seminar provides a comprehensive analysis of often confusing unemployment insurance laws with specific guidance and insights beneficial to accountants, bookkeepers, CPA’s, and payroll professionals. Unemployment insurance disputes often involve various key principles and practices which, when applied effectively, can lead to a prompt and cost-efficient resolution of former employee benefit claims. The presenters will guide you through the process of identifying critical unemployment claim issues and problems; and then explain how to use the laws, the facts and the procedural process to achieve more effective and efficient results in unemployment benefit disputes.
Highlights of Topics to be Discussed
• Reform and Changes in Illinois
• Introduction to the IDES by the Director of the IDES
• General Insurance Coverage Issues
• Employee Eligibility Issues and Problems
• Ineligible or Disqualified Employees
• Mechanics and Process of a UI Claim
• Litigating and Appealing Disputes
• Third Party Administration & Claim Processing