Join us for an in-depth look at the similarities and differences between employment and labor laws in Illinois and Wisconsin and learn avoidance strategies for employee disputes
and litigation. Attorneys from SmithAmundsen’s expansive employment & labor law team will offer best practices to comply in both Illinois and Wisconsin. Receive sample policies to help your business shape procedure and practice necessary in order to be compliant in both states.
Topics will include:
• PTO, Vacation and leave entitlements (ie. IL VESSA, WI FMLA and unpaid leave requirements);
• Wage and Hour issues;
• Employee handbooks and policies – highlighting the differences and finding common ground;
• Union activities and related developments;
• Employee terminations and at-will employment in each state;
• DOL/EEO/Civil Rights Agencies – compare and contrast the state’s enforcement agencies and their very different approaches;
• Background Checks in each state;
• Obligations after employment relationship ends;
• Protecting Trade Secrets and Enforcing Non-Compete Agreements;
• Dealing with Guns and Pot in the Workplace;
• And more.